Congratulations on surviving week 1...only 17 more to go this semester!!!
Physical science...does this mean we work out to nerd music? No...but, maybe if we have time to spare this semester.
Welcome to another school year and welcome to my class. This year is all about physical science which is kind of like physics- and chemistry-lite. There will be no shortage of labs as well as the many, many things I get to toss, throw, and fly this year. Physical science can be the funnest (it's a word now) of all the science classes--if you are prepared to DO stuff. Get physical with it this semester and it will rock. I know each of you is strong in the force which we learn about this semester! So, I expect a lot out of you this semester and I hope you have your own expectations of this class.
Rock on and I will see you Monday!!!!
1. Download the app on your Apple device (iPhone, iPad) from the App Store OR on your Android device from the Google Play Store. It's FREE!!! :) If you are downloading to your iPad, you will need to filter by "iPhone only" and then do a search for Plickers.
2. The app allows you to scan students' responses. Only the teacher needs the app!
3. Print your cards from plickers.com/cards. Each card has a unique number that can be assigned to individual students in a class. Each side of card represents an answer choice.
4. Add your classes and students through the Plickers website (www.plickers.com) on the Classes page. You may add up to 63 students per class.
THIS IS WHERE I LEARNED A LOT OVER THE PAST SEVERAL YEARS...
From the Plickers Website (www.plickers.com)
5. Add Subject Folders if it will save time for you. I have separate folders for Biology, Physical Science, and Earth Science content. In addition, within those classes, I have folders separating out Bellringers by week and day, Quizzes, and Reviews. This is my preference.
From the Plickers Website (www.plickers.com) or on your mobile device through the app
6. Add Your Questions either to the Library or your Subject Folders. If you are creating a question through the mobile app use the "+" icon. Make sure to choose if it is a multiple choice or true/false question. Also, you may include images in your Plicker.
7. Get ready to scan responses!!! Select the question you want to use on the mobile app.
8. Use the Live View tab on the website to display the question to students. Tap the camera icon to scan students' responses and receive instant feedback on their answers.
9. Share real-time results with the whole class by projecting the Live View tab.
10. Review all your results on the Reports page to identify concepts to review and see what skills students have mastered!!!
If you have questions or comments, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or Plickers at email@example.com :)
Holy smokes! We are just 12 and 1/2 days from Christmas break!!!! You are nearing the finish line to this semester! Remember do your best and forget the rest!!!
I'm Mrs. Osborne, and this is my blog!!! Rock!